The skill in ‘Natural Selling’ is an ability to use the right questions to uncover the customer’s pain and find a path towards a positive solution.
The questions you ask will need crafting to suit your particular clients, the solution you are selling and your marketplace.
Here are some typical questions that could be used in any situation:
- What is the biggest frustration you are currently facing?
- What are the main problems you are experiencing?
- What would you like to be different?
- What impact is X situation having on your business?
- What is it costing you?
- What are the risks of leaving things as they are?
- What help do you think you need?
- What have you tried already?
- What has the impact been?
- What do you want?
- What would the ideal solution look like?
- What are your priorities?
- What results do you want?
- What are your timescales for achieving this?
- What would you like to do next?
If you asked a handful of these questions in any sales conversation, then listened carefully, the answers would provide an excellent guide to positioning your offering. The more you know about your potential customer’s pain and desires, the better placed you will be to help.
Exploring the ‘real’ issues requires trust and rapport – there is an art to guiding somebody to tell you what they really want and need help with.
If you want to learn more about Natural Selling you can receive 6 free lessons straight to your inbox: